thoughts on Faith, Patriotism, and other stuff

"a place to converse without driving my wife crazy on our Facebook page"

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My "zero tolerance" issue

Indiana Republican Rep. Mark Souder just announced his resignation from Congress because of marital infidelity with a staffer. This issue has become far too prevalent in todays political landscape. The unfortunate reality is that it has been going on for decades but often coupled with a "wink and a nudge". In our 24/7 media society, it is less reasonable to expect to play and get away with it and for that I am glad. Adultery in elected circles is my "zero tolerance" issue and I include Republicans and Democrats together on this one. I am as disgusted with Mark Sanford(R SC) as I am with John Edwards (D NC). I am as appalled by John Ensign (R NV) as I am Bill Clinton and don't even get me started on "televangelists". However, my issue today is with those entrusted with power by their voters.
The bottom line of my intolerance is the fact that if you will lie to God and soul mate, you will tell your constituents ANYTHING.
I give Mark Souder the minimal credit of stepping down, for those who remain in office, shame on you, and shame on your electorate if they return you to office.

No comments:

Post a Comment